References available upon request.
CGTN AMERICA, Washington, DC July 2014-Present
- Produce shows for the CGTN America program, The Heat, a daily international news talk show. Participate in the editorial process for individual shows from start to finish including conceptualizing discussion, organizing guests and network talent, sourcing and editing video elements and providing research and outline to the host. Additionally, produce packages with reporters and assist fellow producers in completion of shows. Create social media strategy with the digital media team and liaise with other programming teams for cross promotion.
AL JAZEERA AMERICA, Washington, DC May 2013-April 2014
- Instrumental part of the launch team for Al Jazeera America and the daily, live, primetime discussion show, The Stream, which utilizes the input of the social media community in development. Created the program from beginning to end, from topic selection, to outlining the discussion, to cultivating elements and supervising associate producers and bookers. Streamlined the planning process for short and long-term planning.
PBS’ TO THE CONTRARY, Washington, DC May 2011-May 2013
- Developed stories for national production, including editing video with interactive elements, writing short and long form pieces and conducting interviews. Field produced and shot video at events. Booked panelists, show guests and interviews. Contributed to social media strategy on many different platforms and managed website.
SENTECH SECURITY & COMMUNICATIONS, Fruitland, MD September 2010-February 2011
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
- Utilized skills in web design and graphics to create a website and develop advertisements. Promoted business internally and externally through networking, trade shows and public relations efforts.
NEWS21, College Park, MD January 2010-August 2010
Multimedia News Fellow
- Intensive multimedia reporting and creation project utilizing aspects of social media, technology and reporting skills to create a comprehensive and detailed story in several parts for a news website. Used skills in investigation and enterprise journalism. Worked in marketing and promotion of stories and the web project as a whole using social media and press interaction.
CAPITAL NEWS SERVICE, College Park, MD January 2010-May 2010
General Assignment Reporter
- Filmed, wrote and edited stories under typical daily deadline pressure as part of a broadcast news bureau and news wire. Stories picked up by online and on-air news organizations across the county. Highly experienced covering state and national events, including state legislature and government, including public affairs. Experienced in investigative reporting and live coverage.
UMTV, College Park, MD January 2009-May 2010
Production Assistant/Equipment Desk
- Assisted crews producing, writing and directing shows at a campus-owned television station. Extensive experience in a fully functional newsroom and control room. Aided in marketing and promotions for the station.
Fluent in Final Cut Pro and Sobey editing. Proficient in Avid NewsCutter, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, ENPS, iNews and Octopus. Experienced in HTML and CMS website editing and Aurora video editing. Familiar with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
Comfortable with many formats of video including converting video and posting video to the web, including creating web-exclusive content and creating text stories for the web. Fluent in many types of social media including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and blogging, among others and trained in social media strategy for business development and television production.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Philip Merrill College of Journalism and College of Behavioral and Social Sciences . B.A. in Journalism and Psychology, 2010